False Identity Becomes a #1 Bestseller

It was a little after 4 a.m., and I heard something. I sat up in bed and looked around the room and then at my husband who was sleeping soundly. Everything seemed normal, and then I heard it again--the sound of footsteps coming from upstairs. I got out of bed and threw on my robe. Keeping the lights off, I cautiously made my way up the stairs. Was someone in the house? I needed a weapon--a plan to alert my husband in case things got hairy. My heart picked up a notch as I continued walking. I have to admit--it went through my mind that I enjoy writing suspense novels much more than I enjoy being thrown into the middle of a live one!  I quietly made my way to my son Cameron's room and looked in. Relief flooded me when I saw him standing in the middle of the room, getting ready for bed.

"Hey, Mom," he said, "I fell asleep on the couch last night while doing my homework. I woke up and realized I was still wearing my regular clothes. Sorry I woke you up."

I chuckled. "No worries," I said, suppressing a yawn.

On the way back to bed, I had to laugh at myself. I suppose that's the downside of having a larger-than-life-imagination! For some reason, I thought of Chancy in False Identity and how she'd had a similar experience of being awoken in the middle of the night, fearing someone was in the house. Of course, her scenario wasn't as easily explained! The poor woman had no idea what she was in for at that point in the story!

This morning, I was thrilled to learn that False Identity hit #1 in three categories:  Religious Mysteries, Christian Mystery and Suspense Romance, and Christian Suspense! This is a tremendous honor, as these are highly competitive categories! It would seem that I'm not the only one who has a fascination with romantic suspense!

Mom and I will keep writing them if you keep reading them! Thanks for all of your support!





We're running a promotion for False Identity. For a limited time, get a copy for only $.99 
Get your copy HERE